This project will investigate glyph-based approaches to the visual depiction of multivariate data across geographical space. It will build on existing work, ideas and data that will help get this project to a good start. The project will involve design, implementation and evaluation and will tackle important theoretical issues in geographical visualisation.
- Review the multivariate glyph literature.
- Identify, implement and evaluate different geographical discretisation methods.
- Identify, implement and evaluate glyphs that are effective for comparison across 2D space.
- Generate guidelines to facilitate their use.
- Geographical data
- Information visualisation